Monday, February 27, 2012

Love One Another, As Jesus Loves Us

Today, I decided to do some studying of the teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I started in the beginning in Matthew. I read Chapter 4, and really studied the meaning of this scripture and why it should be important. In this chapter it begins to talk about how Jesus was fasting for 40 days and how he was tempted by the devil. Although Jesus had great power, one can think that he must have started to become weak and hungry. Even then, he was able to withstand the temptations of the devil. He was able to so easily say no to the enticing of the Evil One, remembering the teachings of his Father. How was he so easily able to say no? Everyday we are given the choice to do right, or to do wrong, and how easily we are to do wrong. Jesus Christ is truly the perfect example of who we want to be like and dedicate our life to, and strife to be like him.

Another section I studied was chapter 5 of Matthew. This chapter is also known as the Sermon on the Mount. As I read, I though, "how could Jesus do this?" If someone were to hurt you, give them another oppritunity to do it again? If they steal your coat, give them also your cloak? They say walk a mile, walk even more? Says to love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite fully use you, and persecute you. The more I read this, I think back to times where people have done these things to me and how I reacted. So many times I was a jerk to them, I hated them, I did not forgive and I did not pray for them. Thinking about all of this gives me a better view of who Jesus was as a person. This man was wrongly persecuted and killed for doing nothing. As he hung on the cross in pain that no one on this Earth could even understand, he asked the Lord to forgive them. Could I have done that? Could you have done that? This shows the love that Jesus has for all of us. I ask that all of strive to be more like Jesus. To love one another. To help those who need help. Stand for those in need of comfort. Do not judge others. we all make our mistakes in this life and no one is perfect. All we can do is help them, and be a support for them to get to where they want to be so that they can return to our Heavenly Father. Love one another, as Jesus loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment